Re: Pasting UTF-8 characters with bracketed-paste-magic seems broken in 5.1

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:24:15 -0700
> On Sep 10,  8:35pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } This seems to be getting somewhere, but possibly needs more expert
> } examination...
>
> This diff looks OK, though I'm not sure why you need $ismb ?  Is it just
> a shortcut?  (i.e., because if the multibyte character had been bound to
> something, then .read-command would have consumed it as one $KEYS, so
> we know it can't match $bpm_inactive)

It didn't work otherwise.  I don't know what the pattern match was doing
that would cause it to go down the wrong way.

> Thinking harder, though ... isn't the only reason that this gets "stuck"
> because "zle .self-insert-unmeta" blocks waiting for more bytes?  Do we
> really need the loop-within-a-loop given LBUFFER+= instead?  Perhaps
> because the trailing part of the multibyte character might be bound to
> an active widget?

That's correct about self-insert, but if we don't have the loop, I'm not
sure we've done enough analysis to decide between executing a command
and putting stuff in the buffer.  But feel free to experiment as you
know the sort of things that should work.

I should say I don't really have any interest in this beyond getting it
basically working as a proof of concept --- if you want to tweak it
further, go ahead.  An elegant fix to the internals of the line editor
can wait.

pws