Re: Two issues found with -fsanitize=undefined

On Sep 17,  9:57am, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
}
} I've build zsh trunk with -fsanitize=undefined and two issue popped up
} while running the testsuite:

It would be helpful if you included at least part of the output (after the
"for:") to indicate WHICH tests reported these errors.

} 1)
}  pattern.c:2645:12: runtime error: signed integer overflow: 1234567890123456789 * 10 cannot be represented in type 'long int'

That one is fairly easy to recognize (the string 1234567890123456789 is
in the test case itself) but this one:

}  compmatch.c:341:6: runtime error: null pointer passed as argument 2, which is declared to never be null}
} Test ./Y02compmatch.ztst failed: output differs from expected as shown above for:

Could be anything.  The error indicates that "matchbuf" is NULL at the
point where we expect to copy it into a new buffer, but if there is a
deeper reason why that is unexpectedly NULL it would be better to fix
that than to simply skip the copy.