Re: "the backslashes" Re: Dynamic directory name function

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:10:19 -0700
> On Sep 24,  9:37am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } There's also the backslashes,
> } but more careful people than me probably don't mind those.
>
> Thoughts on allowing modules to define the sort of keyword+builtin
> pair that we used for typeset ?  Then zstyle could hook itself to
> the parenthesized-list-parsing code and look like
>
>      zstyle ZDN_wrapper_name zdn_top (
>  	g   ~/git
>  	ga  ~/alternate/git
>  	gs  /scratch/$USER/git/:second2
>  	:default: /:second1
>     )
>
> Of course that would be opening a potential can of syntactic worms.

I've often wanted something like this, but it's really tricky to get
right.  In particular, I'd be unhappy about it if it's not following an
assignment --- parentheses are just too heavily overloaded to make this
can of worms more than a pig's breakfast (or do I mean dog's dinner?),
which isn't my cup of tea.

pws