Re: Substitution ${...///} slows down when certain UTF character occurs

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:23:12 +0100
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This does the back-end work, with a patstralloc structure that allows
> you to maintain information about an unmetafied string over calls to
> pattrylen() and pattryrefs().

Bart pointed out I didn't actually attach the patch, but it's now
committed in f9d7651c25.  No noticeable change of behaviour is expected
yet.  I started looking at the front end last night; it's not difficult,
just quite a bewildering number of things to switch to unmetafied.
Overall it should actually be slightly simpler after the change because
we were remembering quite a lot of positions as unmetafied already.

pws