[BUG] bracketed-paste-magic breaks pasting of CJK payload

I’m running zsh 5.1.1 on OS X. I noticed that enabling bracketed-paste-magic
from contrib via

    autoload -Uz bracketed-paste-magic
    zle -N bracketed-paste bracketed-paste-magic

breaks pasting of CJK payload. Trying to paste CJK text to ZLE buffer will just
make everything stall (and nothing pasted) until I manually interrupt with
^C. You may try to paste the following the see the effect yourself: 中文, 日本語,
or 한국어. Interestingly, some other non-ASCII charsets seem to work fine;
try to paste Schrödinger, for instance.