Re: Recursive globbing shorthand (a la **.c)

On Oct 31,  9:24am, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
}
} It reminds me of the discussion about:
}
} *$var*/foo

That and *$~var*.c inadvertently doing a follow-symlinks if var=*

Furtermore if I've got all of globstarshort globcomplete completinword
and the cursor is on the first * out of **.c, what gets completed?  Or
if I DO NOT have completeinword?  When using expand-or-complete-prefix?

I suppose **/ already has all of these problems, but e.g. the guts of
_path_files isn't likely to accidentally cons up that form.

} (probably not a big issue. Note that bash -O globstar and ksh93
} -o globstar are already affected by that (and yash -o
} extended-glob -c 'echo *$empty*/*' like zsh)).

So we need to add globstar as an alias for globstarshort in ksh and bash
emulations?  Or since globstarshort is new should we just chop off the
"short" and extend it to the other emulations?