Re: edit-command-line, vim, and pasting

[> workers]

On Nov 2, 12:16pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} Bart wrote:
} > We need a generalized fix for this.  Oliver?
}
} I'm not sure we can do anything more generalized than the following
} patch to edit-command-line. Perhaps the zle builtin could have an option
} to cover the situation but that doesn't help much because the function
} would still need to invoke the builtin. What did you have in mind?

Mostly I was dumping it in your lap because you introduced this feature.

Ideally there'd be some mechanism ala the STTY parameter / ttyctl that
resets this state every time an external command gets control of the
terminal.