Re: buggy paste highlight with backward-extend-paste

On 2015-12-08 21:30:17 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   zstyle :bracketed-paste-magic paste-init backward-extend-paste
> >
> > % echo foo
> >
> > with the cursor just after "foo", and paste "a", then the whole
> > "fooa" gets highlighted instead of just "a".
>
> That's intentional, not a bug.  The paste was extended backward.

But I don't want to extend the paste backward!

Note that I have the zstyle above just to make the paste correct in
the following case:

# Helper/example paste-init for exposing a word prefix inside PASTED.
# Useful with url-quote-magic if you have http://... on the line and
# are pasting additional text on the end of the URL.
#
# Usage:
#       zstyle :bracketed-paste-magic paste-init backward-extend-paste

But affected the highlight is not expected.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>