Re: expr length "$val" returns the wrong length for values containing NULL (\\0)

I am aware of the prevalence of NUL-terminated strings, since I've coded in
C in the past, that's why I wrote 'considerable bother to fix it'.
Nevertheless, for a purpose such as argument passing, size + data is
clearly better (easier to secure and more flexible)