Re: zsh generates invalid UTF-8 encoding in the history

On 2016-10-06 11:31:12 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> To unmetafy with the shell (including backslash-newline processing):
>
>     () { fc -pa $HISTFILE $SAVEHIST && fc -rnl -1 1 }

Thanks. Note that it is not clear in the man page whether the
least recent starts at 0 or at 1. And when -r is used, whether
one should use <most recent> <least recent> or the reverse.

And how can one cleanly append history lines to a history file?
I was using "cat some_file >> ~/.zhistory", which seems to work,
but I suppose that there may be clashes if zsh thinks that some
lines are already metafied. I can't see a way to do this, and
perhaps there should be a new feature.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>