Re: zsh/complist colours improperly handle multibyte characters

On Oct 23,  7:59pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh/complist colours improperly handle multibyte characters
}
} On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 10:56:52 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > No, sorry, this is a UTF-8 full-line-height vertical-bar, not ascii pipe.
} > It's incorrectly interpreted as a left angle bracket pattern character,
} > if that BUG message is accurate.
}
} Ah, then there's a good chance this is indeed a problem with
} zshtokenize.  We probably ought at least to pass through metafied
} characters.  I don't know that fits this particular case, but it's the
} obvious problem.

Nope, the zshtokenize patch doesn't help in this case at all.  I still
get the BUG: message.  Strangely (?) I do NOT get that message if I use
the character directly in a pattern expression such as [[ ... ]], so
it has something to do with the way compdescribe is passing it around.

The three bytes in the UTF-8 character are e2 94 82 if that helps.  See
the examples in 39695 except that you need to add "list-colors" as the
context in the second zstyle in each case.