Re: exported unset variables [was: 'export -p' lacks POSIX output]

On Oct 28, 10:00pm, Martijn Dekker wrote:
}
} In zsh, however, variables are automatically set to the empty value upon
} being exported.

That's no longer true subsequent to my "export -p" patch:

torch% export XYZPDQ
torch% export -p | grep XYZPDQ
export XYZPDQ
torch% printenv | grep XYZPDQ
torch%

Unless there's some other nuance here that I'm missing?

Even before this patch "typeset" would report that the exported variable
was set to the empty string, but zsh did not modify the environment unless
an empty string were actually assigned.