Re: Plans for 5.3?

On Nov 30, 11:00pm, Christian Heinrich wrote:
}
} Are there still some issues that continue to block a new release? I'm
} asking, since Debian is going to freeze the packages at the beginning
} of January and I'm still hoping that 5.3 could make it into the new
} stable release, especially since a lot of patches and completions were
} added.

Peter has subsequently said that he wants 5.3 to be out before Christmas.
We've called a moritorium on further optimizations (we got a lot of those
in the last few weeks that we weren't really expecting).

So I would expect 5.3 to be out in time for January.