Re: PATCH Re: 5.3: printf -

On 12/15/16 5:45 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> This surprises me; it doesn't match my understanding of the spec.
> (I thought POSIX would take "--" to be the format string.)

"Standard utilities that do not accept options, but that do accept
operands, shall recognize "--" as a first argument to be discarded."

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/V3_chap01.html#tag_17_04

Chet

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet@xxxxxxxx    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/