Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization, which doesn't work)

On Jun 3,  4:11pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
} Subject: Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization,
}
} On 20 maja 2017 at 19:08:09, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
} > How much does zcompdump actually help? Have you compared startup with
} > and without it?

Haven't seen that yet (nor tried it myself, tho).

} > One lesson learned with Completion/Base/Utility/_store_cache is that
} > parsing array assignments is expensive.
}
} Results seem to confirm what you said

I also tried something similar ... using the just the default set of
completions, more wall-clock time is spent restoring the autoloads
than loading the _comps array, at least on my system.