Re: Loading Eprog in other thread doesn't work

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Sebastian Gniazdowski
<psprint@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But it looks like state of Zsh gets disrupted. Single run of source_prepare / source_load often works, the code is executed fine. However the longer I repeat this, the weirder things happen. Example backtraces at the end.

Neither signal handling (which includes reaping child processes when
they exit) nor memory management is thread-safe, and there may be
shared memory issues with threads and traditional process forking as
well.  The more threads you try to have the more likely you're going
to be to wander into one of these areas.  I'd be very skeptical that
you can just plop threading into one part of zsh without at least some
serious semaphore work on the rest of it.