Re: Race condition when setting TERM{,INFO{,_DIRS}}

Thanks Bart,

I have found the origin of this issue.
There are no threads indeed, but there is caching in ncurses for environment variables.

Due to a bug in ncurses' code, it failed to detect that the environment var changed,
and so failed to find the terminfo database.

I will send a patch upstream, with this list in cc.

Zsh could avoid that by initializing the term as late as possible.
Calling init_term before parsing zshrc, while nothing required to write in the terminal is premature.
Fish for example delays initializing the terminal until the first write.
Well, this would have avoided my issue, but it is not sufficient in the general case anyway.

Thanks again for your answer!

Regards,

-- Layus.