Re: Comment (# char) behavior in the sub-shell

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:49:26 +0100
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Your patch could possibly do the right thing, as it hits the simpler
> part of the test and shouldn't affect behaviour other than comments, so
> it might be worth trying for now.

(Paranoia.)

I see, however, "nocomments" isn't saved and restored as we enter
different levels of reading history, which could be a problem.  But I
don't think so --- you're just modifying around *parsing* a string, not
execution of the result, so there's no possibility of the effect being
passed on where it shouldn't be.

Is there?

[The sombre background music to this post is available at all online
retailers.]

pws