Re: Bug related to order of zsh completion options?

ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> # this version doesn't
> #_arguments '1:a:(( a_z\:"aaazzz" a_b_c\:"aabbcc" ))'

>     I get:  brokencompletion a_
>                              ^ but my cursor is on the "a"

> Is this a bug or is this documented somewhere, and I just missed a
> specification?

It looks like a bug to me. Seems to have been introduced sometime
between 3.1.7 and 4.0.1 so it is old but not in the original matching
control code. The mimimum to reproduce it is just
  compadd -M 'r:|_=* r:|=*' a_z a_b_c
or even:
  compctl -M 'r:|_=* r:|=*' -s 'a_z a_b_c' cmd

Oliver

.