Re: Crash when completion script call itself.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 23:30:56 +1300
Nicolas Desprès <nicolas.despres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
> >
> > There is already a check in the shell for the function recursion level;
> > the default value is 1000 (it is configurable at build time).  Some
> > systems will get this far without crashing, as mine does, and I get
> >

> I have not built zsh myself. Where can I check this value?

If you don't have the build configuration there's no easy way.

I have a strong suspicion none of the distributions is actually changing
it anyway --- they have the same problem that it can run in a huge
number of different environments.  So very likely it's 1000.

(I'm thinking of making it a shell variable in future --- this makes
debugging and testing easier even if most users never touch it.)

pws