Re: PATCH: properly unset the zle registers hash

On 7 April 2018 at 03:53, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Though, mapfile triggers the address sanitizer for an invalid
> free before I can verify this path with it.

mapfile has significant room for quality and feature improvements, but the
fact that metafication and unicode are in the way is discouraging. I mean,
to find character N=1000, one has to traverse buffer with mbtowc, counting
unicode characters. So one feature could be allowing to index by bytes,
with use case like: get last 1000 bytes from large log file, then process
as unicode string, extracting last 10 lines. Metafication is in the way,
getarg/getindex cannot be customized like getter and setter, so
byte-indexing is problematic.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski