Re: [Feature Request] Re: Can one detect that Zsh/Zle is in recursive-edit?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:06 AM, Peter Stephenson
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:17:36 +0200
> Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If there currently is no method of detecting .recursive-edit
>> "session", then could a feature request be responded positively:
>> please add an indicator that Zsh is in .recursive-edit state
>> ("session").
>
> It's certainly easy to do (although probably not hard to add at
> the user level as calls to recursive-edit ought to be explicit).

I was looking at this for a few minutes the other day and wondering if
there should be a hook similar to zle-keymap-select that gets invoked
on entry to recursive-edit.

It could even BE zle-keymap-select if recursive-edit had its own
keymap (always initialized as a copy of the current keymap at time of
entry).