Re: [Feature Request] Re: Can one detect that Zsh/Zle is in recursive-edit?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 19:14, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:17:36 +0200
> Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If there currently is no method of detecting .recursive-edit
> > "session", then could a feature request be responded positively:
> > please add an indicator that Zsh is in .recursive-edit state
> > ("session").
>
> It's certainly easy to do (although probably not hard to add at
> the user level as calls to recursive-edit ought to be explicit).

Cool, thanks. In effect, when new release will be made, I'll send
patches to zsh-autosuggestions and zsh-syntax-highlighting that will
suppress those plugins on ZLE_RECURSIVE > 0 (which often means some
"application" has started a "session" and doesn't want to be
interfered).

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI