Re: Zsh: [7] + 23074 suspended (tty output)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 03:16:45 +0200
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Run emacs[*] (with its X interface).
> 2. Type Ctrl-Z in the terminal to stop Emacs and get the prompt.
> 3. Type "bg".
> 4. View a file with "less"[*].
> 5. Quit Emacs (while "less" is still running).
> 6. Quit "less" (with 'q').
>
> This yields a TTOU on "less" (see above). Note that 2+3 cannot be
> replaced by the use of "emacs &".

This appears to be the same bug as the last one I've recently fixed.
When emacs exits, having previously been in control of the terminal
(hence the need to start in the foreground), the shell thinks it still
is and swipes the terminal from less.  The shell now remembers the
actual last process group to be in control.

pws