Re: PATCH: true colour support

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 02:42, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (...)
> I don't think there's any sense in trying to detect support for
> true colour. termcap/terminfo can't help us and it'll be more
> reliable to leave it to users to craft whatever heuristics work for
> those terminals that they use. No true colour escapes will ever be
> generated if you don't specify colours as hex triples anyway. And
> even if they are, they should be ignored. For what it's worth,
> checking for *(truecolor|24bit)* in $COLORTERM is a reasonable test
> with the nearcolor module from the first patch acting as a fallback.
> And, you might want to add COLORTERM in AcceptEnv/SendEnv for ssh
> if it isn't there already.

I'm grepping the patches and cannot find any snippet that decides
whether to use 24-bit escape sequences or zsh/nearcolor module. How
it's decided?

You've also written: "No true colour escapes will ever be generated if
you don't specify colours as hex triples anyway. And even if they are,
they should be ignored.".This sounds like: if true-color/near-color
was not enabled, ignore hex-triplet. But I think there is no switch
(e.g. an option) to enable true-color support?

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI