Re: [BUG?] If true-color is used, overlapping colors do not work

Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> I've applied the patch and recompiled, and the tests or the Ctrl-a
> (with Src/zsh -fi) snippet show now change?

Working through each of your tests manually, they all seem to work fine
for me if judged purely on the basis of what I see in a terminal. I've
checked more than one terminal programme including ones with and without
true colour support.

> I hope the tests will be working system-wide, otherwise it's a show
> stopper for them. Could you maybe provide the test wrong answer? If
> you are sure that it's about TERM= value, then ok, I've observed this
> too, and export TERM=xterm-256color fixed the tests (on Linux).
> Searching for proper termcap seems a good idea. I might also find a
> docker image with the same OS and test it.

I get differences before the tests even reach the final buffer state. The
fact that all the setup lines get repeated back in the test output
really isn't helping the matter. The differences are all escape
sequences which diff is not showing, e.g 1b 5b 6d occurring at the start
of each line. There are also further differences that can be put down to a
difference of termcap definition. The only hope would be to strip the output
down to just the section actually being tested (which comptest manages),
also using something like:
  zle_highlight=( fg_start_code:FGSTART fg_end_code:FGEND fg_default_code:FGDEF )
and perhaps zle -T somehow to map escape sequences to something readable
somehow contriving to set TERM to something that claims 256 colour support.
And, only relying on the portable subset of sed syntax.
It's not without reason that I was too lazy to attempt this in the first
place.

Oliver