Re: Misaligned cursor when prompt linebroken

On 4/18/19, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4/18/19, dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 18 Apr 2019, at 10:39, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>PS1=${(l:$COLUMNS::a:)}b
>>>the cursor is placed on top of the "b" for me, both in urxvt and
>>>xterm. Under zsh -f the initial rendering appears correct, but not
>>>after I type two characters
>>
>> Same for me in Terminal.app. The return of workers/43267 (&al.), i
>> suppose?
>
> Just a small additional note that it doesn't matter that it's only one
> character extra in my example, the same thing happens if you put
> bbbbbbbb instead of just b.

I tried reverting that commit (w/42285) and it fixes my problem. I
also can't reproduce any behavior that erases lines with it reverted.
Since having the commit breaks all prompts that are longer than one
line in many(?) terminals, and only fixes the case where it is exactly
as long as one line in some(?) terminals, I would argue for reverting
it in git.

--
Mikael Magnusson