Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)

We constantly go around on this.  If we un-break it for one terminal
type it breaks for another.  It's an acknowledged problem that in some
cases you can't set ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0, that's why the variable
exists in the first place; if it always worked to set it to zero we'd
remove it.

All your patch does is remove a test for the value of that variable.
A more correct change would be to add to the test condition a check
for whether placing a character in the rightmost column (or the
rightmost/bottom-most position) causes the terminal to auto-wrap (or
not) the cursor onto the next line.  Unfortunately there's no way to
reliably determine that (e.g., there's no termcap/terminfo value that
reports it consistently).

What $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL were you testing against?  There was a related
change committed only a month ago, and there has not been a release in
the meantime.