Re: PATCH: draw prompt on the correct line after window change

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:21 AM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've tested this code only on GNOME Terminal. Before I go testing on a
> dozen different terminals I'd like to get some feedback. Anything I'm
> missing? Anything tricky to look out for?

The most significant problem with window resizing is not the terminal
itself, but window/session managers that try to do "live update" of
the window contents as the cursor is rapidly dragged around.  These
tend to send a stream of WINCH signals which we have had to do various
tricks to manage.  I would be concerned that attempting to write a
control sequence to the terminal and read back the response in the
midst of a flood of such signals would fail as often as it succeeds.
If this is already limited/controlled by the mechanisms in place,
great.

> The patch is attached to the email. You can also see it in
> https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/compare/master...romkatv:fix-winchanged.

Thanks for the link, it's the only way I was able to see this on a
mobile device.  Please inline patches, or attach them as text/plain
(not text/x-something), without base64 encoding if possible.