Re: ssh completion on Catalina

On 21 Oct 2019, at 02:41, Bruno Bazille <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I installed the last macOS version : 10.15
> I’m using iTerm2
> brew upgrade has been performed

Were you previously on Mojave, and it worked there? Do you know what version
of zsh you were using there, and which one you're using on Catalina? And you
didn't change anything else about your zsh or SSH configuration?

On 21 Oct 2019, at 02:41, Bruno Bazille <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I want to connect one of my server here below the completion issue :
> The server name I want to reach is vmbar (note all my server names start by vm)
>
> %> ssh bar<tab>
> ==> completion seems blocked

This will probably be weird because it's getting stuck in a loop, but you can
try this. First, run the following:

  bindkey '^x?' _complete_debug

Then, enter the problematic command to complete like you were doing before,
but instead of pressing Tab, press Ctrl+X followed immediately by ? (question
mark).

After it gets stuck, give it a second or two, then press Ctrl+C again to abort
it. It should dump a trace file, but since you cancelled it you'll have to
find it yourself. Try:

  ls $TMPPREFIX*(.)

Hopefully there'll be a file like zsh1234ssh1. If so, review it for any
sensitive information (since it's SSH hosts it may contain servers/IPs),
censor if necessary, and then attach the file here

dana