Re: Zsh crashes on `compadd` when using `_history` completer & zstyle `ignored-patterns` is set

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 21:48, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I followed these steps as follows:
>
> [[[
> $ cd "$(mktemp -d)"
> $ tee .zshrc
> HISTFILE=${ZDOTDIR:-$HOME}/.zsh_history
> HISTSIZE=2000
> SAVEHIST=1000
> autoload -Uz compinit
> compinit
> zstyle ':completion:*' ignored-patterns ''
> <pressed Ctrl+D>
> $ yes | head -1001 > .zsh_history
> $ ZDOTDIR=$PWD $builddir/Src/zsh -d
> % bindkey -e
> % <pressed M-/>
> ]]]
>
> The terminal beeped and no crash happened.
>
> What's your $ZSH_VERSION and $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL?

$ZSH_VERSION = 5.8
$ZSH_PATCHLEVEL = zsh-5.8-0-g77d203f

Could the contents of my histfile have an influence on this? If you do `yes
| head -1001 > .zsh_history`, then there is no realistic data in the
histfile.

I noticed that if I start Zsh without a histfile, then the problem does not
occur.