Re: best way to disable PRIVILEGED?

>From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 14:10 +0200, Jens Staal wrote:
>> the zsh executes but with the error: "zsh: error on TTY read:
>> permission denied"

>My guess here would be this is something to do with job control /
>terminal sessions, which is quite hairy stuff and where different OSes
>can definitely go their own way, so not related to UID settings.
>However, this is just based on where I've seen problems in the
>past, and I don't have any specific advice to offer.

Indeed job control might definitely be something. I remember having to do
-DNOPROSPECTOFWORK on mksh under Plan9.

>To be clear, is this a newly assigned pseudoterminal, or are you
>starting zsh within an existing terminal window?

I start it within an existing terminal window. Something I am now considering is
to try to give some more "meat" to my terminfo (now just stubs from old
pdcurses) and I think I might get some inspiration from the vt emulation that
exists on Plan9:
http://man.cat-v.org/9front/1/vt

I might even be able to just import some code for /sys/src/cmd/vt for that
library. No idea if that will help me.

I sprinkled my libterm.a stubs library with printf for every function but I
could not see that one of those functions were called before the crash. I got a
tip to try to debug with a tool called "acid" so I guess that is my next step...

Executing zsh after activating the vt emulator did also not change the error.