Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

> On Feb 6, 2021, at 3:19 PM, Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> There are plenty of pull requests on there: https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pulls?q=is%3Apr

Many (most?) of the primary developers do not frequent GitHub, so
you would be relying on the good graces of a few industrious
individuals who try to bridge the gap to this mailing list, and the
bulk of the ensuing discussion would take place here. It would add
considerable friction, and I think it's safe to say that it would
make it more difficult for you to get your changes accepted.

The preferred method is to post a patch series to this mailing list.

> Anyway, I thought I would ask upfront, before putting in the work. I think the experience for new users could be improved considerably, but it would require quite a bit of changes to zsh-newuser-install.

Perhaps you could make a proposal and have a discussion here first?

vq