Re: Block comments ala Ray

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 06:21:32PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

This could break existing scripts... unless a specific switch is added
(but more generally, you could imagine a feature that would optionally
preprocess the script before it is parsed by zsh).

Correct, this might need a specific switch. That would suit me fine, e.g.
something (similar to perl, again ;-) like

 require 5.16

or even better

 require zsh 5.3.1

which might later on hopefully lead to some shared solution like

 require bash 4.3.2

and could replace incantations like

 if [[ -z "$ZSH_VERSION" ]]  ; then
     echo $0: need zsh && exit 1
 fi

which I currently use to make sure certain scripts are not executed with
bash.
	--jc

--
 I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
	-- Douglas Adams