Re: Completion script for the ctags program

> On Mar 7, 2021, at 3:42 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the revision.  Not a full review; just two points:
>
> Jacob Gelbman wrote on Sun, 07 Mar 2021 19:18 +00:00:
>>>
>>> Recommend to move the afmikKlnsStz thing to after the colon, so it'll be
>>> shown at a more appropriate point.  Also, it would be helpful to display
>>> descriptions to the flags using, e.g., «compset» (for the leading plus
>>> sign) followed by «_values -s ''».
>>
>> I moved the possible values to the argument description, but I don’t
>> have enough time to figure out how to complete them automatically right
>> now.
>
> Like this:
>
> _f() { _arguments : '--foo:bar: _values -s "" baz "a[access]" "f[file]" "i[inheritance]"' }

Right, I can do that. I wasn’t sure if the extra + and - symbols would make it complicated.

>>> Don't pass unsanitized command output to a builtin.  I don't know the
>>> fix off the top of my head.
>
> This point has been neither responded to nor implemented.

I sanitize the output a little bit, by cutting just the first word from the list that’s returned. That fixes lines like "OldC++ [disabled]" And I’m not that worried about possibly feeding in incorrectly formatted data. What’s the worst that could happen? The listing will look messed up?