Re: Why does _main_complete not try the next completer when $_comp_mesg is non-zero?

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 2:42 PM Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you want to experiment with it, guarding the first _comp_mesg
> assignment in _message with [[ -n "$3" ]] && allows the format style to
> be set to the empty string to disable the setting.

I don't follow how the format style gets involved here?

Adding on to my previous partial dissection of _guard, it appears that
_main_complete does some messing about with compstate[insert] when
_comp_mesg is set which in a way which is contradictory to what
_message does with it:  _main_complete sets it unconditionally to the
empty string, but _message only does so if the existing value contains
"unambiguous".

What am I missing?