Re: Asking for status of a submitted patch

On 23 Apr 2020, Lars Wendler wrote:
> on 2019 December 12th I had sent a patch to this list which fixes a
> build issue in configure.ac when ncurses was built with separate
> tinfo(w) lib.

To this day, your patch remains unmerged. At least in my case, I can't
work out what problem it solves, how that manifests, how I might
reproduce it. I can guess that you may be using gentoo Linux from your
e-mail but how you might have configured the ncurses build is not
obvious. Just knowing what configure options are used to build it may
help.

Without it, does zsh fail to build or is some functionality or feature
missing or broken?

Is it linking to the wrong library? Or failing to resolve a symbol -
which one(s)?

Oliver