Re: 'while do done' hangs interactive zsh

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 9:43 AM Stephane Chazelas <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> while LIST do LIST done
>
> LIST is not explicitely specified, but it does appear to be a
> list of 0 or more pipelines. Or in other words any script.

[...]
> ... other shells require at least one pipeline
> in the condition LIST (which to me just looks like an
> arbitrary, unecessary limitation), but that does not mean shell
> implementations have to return an error here.

Bash requires at least one pipeline in the do-LIST as well.

Is this worth making into an emulation-mode thing, i.e., adding a
couple of more conditions to my while-do-done patch?

The documentation for CSH_JUNKIE_LOOPS could do with some updating as well.