Re: floating-point precision and zsh vs ksh93 and coreutils

On 2022-03-27 15:26:42 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Vincent's final contribution to that discussion was a link to the
> dtoa() implementation in C by D.Gay ... which just for comparison is
> more than 6000 lines of code or about 4% the size of the entire zsh C
> code at the time I write this.

I haven't looked at the code recently, but I thought that D. Gay's
code provided several functions. For just the output to decimal,
I suppose that this should be much shorter.

BTW, it would be even better if such a function were standardized
and in the standard library.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>