Re: eta for release

Hi!

* Oliver Kiddle [Thu Mar 14, 2024 at 10:01:23PM +0100]:
> Christian Hesse wrote:

> > While zsh git master does support pcre2 already, this has not made it into a
> > release and the current one still depends on the old library. Support is
> > spread over several commits, which depend on even more commits. Thus
> > cherry-picking is not that easy.

[...]

> > So wondering... It there any eta for a new release? Would be nice to have one
> > any time soon... :)

> Not being the release manager, I can't answer this part with any
> authority. Some of the newer developments are still in a state of
> flux.

Might I kindly ask about its current state and if there's any chance
to see a new Zsh stable upstream release soonish?

Users in Debian are showing up and asking us (Debian's zsh package
maintainers) to include patches from current Git master, and it
would be great if we could have a new upstream release to not only
reduce number of patches in our packaging, but also have the package
available in time for the upcoming next Debian stable release (AKA
trixie). :)

regards
-mika-