Re: test-repo-git-rebase-apply still in use?

Jörg Sommer wrote on Fri, 23 Aug 2024 06:59 +00:00:
> is Functions/VCS_Info/test-repo-git-rebase-apply used anywhere? My git-grep
> doesn't find any reference.

It's essentially a setup function for a manual test suite.  It's not user-facing,
but a developer might invoke it manually to test a patch being worked on.

> This file contains a hard-coded path for zsh (in the #!) which doesn't work
> if it's installed somewhere else.

That path doesn't exist on my system either.  Having it still helps
$EDITOR default to the right syntax highlighting, though.

I suppose it could be changed to use /usr/bin/env, or even /bin/sh but
for the use of ${foo:P} on line 47.

> And is it useful to have this file on a common installation or should it get
> excluded?

The latter.  And is there any way to make the script's purpose clearer?

Cheers,

Daniel