Re: Z shell introductory guide source

On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 11:40 AM Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Falstad's "An Introduction to the Z Shell" is Doc/intro.ms in
> original source form for troff. It's not a bad document and processing
> it to HTML could be worthwhile.

I've tried running it through a couple of different groff-based
converters ... it's necessary to pass the -ms option to groff, but
even with that I haven't been able to produce anything as nice as
what's presently formatted on the zsh web pages.  In particular some
of the macro definitions don't appear to work correctly, e.g. this:

.de Sh
.SH
\\$1
.XS
\\$1
.XE
..

produces many ".XS without .XE" errors during processing.