Re: Z shell introductory guide source

On 9/22/2024 13:40, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
Clinton Bunch wrote:
On 9/22/2024 12:33, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sat, Sep 21, 2024 at 7:09 PM Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been working on a re-org of the web site and I can't find the
source for the introductory guide.  It doesn't appear to be in the
zsh-web git repository.  Does someone still have a copy of the texinfo
source?
There is no texinfo source.  The source is Doc/intro.ms, which has to
be run through troff or similar.

Apparently there was a texinfo version at some point that was used to
generate the HTML version.  But it has apparently been lost in the void.
Are you talking about Peter's user-friendly user guide. That is in the
zsh-web git repository in Guide/zshguide.tar.gz. That contains Yodl
source files dated 17 May 2014. The current web site probably gives it
too much prominence given it is unmaintained. There have been one or
two occasions where someone has posted corrections to it to the list and
they've either been ignored or applied direct to the HTML.

Paul Falstad's "An Introduction to the Z Shell" is Doc/intro.ms in
original source form for troff. It's not a bad document and processing
it to HTML could be worthwhile.

Oliver
Paul Falstad's "An Introduction to the Z Shell" was apparently processed into HTML in '95 and is in the Intro sub-directory.  But it appears to have been created using texi2html from a texinfo version that someone created by hand.  (I know I read the person's name somewhere, but can't find it this morning)  I'm now researching *roff to HTML converters, but most seem to be for mandoc rather than ms.