Re: misleading message for SIGFPE

On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 11:05 AM Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not very familiar with
> usage of siginfo or whether the parent process is able to obtain it

Looks as if this is possible (man 5 siginfo).  It appears we'd have to
switch to using waitid(2) for child reaping.  However, there doesn't
appear to be a strsignal(3) equivalent of psiginfo(3) to grab the
error message rather than spew it on stderr.

OTOH if there's a reason we're not using strsignal() when it's
available, I've forgotten it.