Re: [[ -x ]] and root

>Are you confident that zsh uses access(2) in its test -x
>implementation?  That would be a mistake, I believe.

Red herring alert.

I mentioned access(2) specifically because that's the *neatest* way to
test it.  In Linux, the bug was not in access() itself, but in the
generic permission-checking code.  That code is used for access(), and
also for all the other permissions checking.  If that code is
misbehaving, access() would be one of the more directly affected
syscalls.

That said, zsh *does* in fact use access(2) for condition checking.

-zefram