Re: History key bindings

On Nov 28,  9:57am, Christopher Croughton wrote:
} Subject: Re: History key bindings
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > } on 3.0 it seems that the mark is initially set to the start of the line,
} >
} > Aha!  Whenever you use a history operation like ^P, the mark gets set at
} > the beginning of the line before the new history line is inserted.
}
} The only way I can get it to work is if I do an initial ^X^X after typing
} the prefix.  If I do <CR>fred<UP> then it just scans through the history
} matching on nothing at all.