Re: History key bindings

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Hrm.  I get the behavior Christopher describes with 3.0.0 and 3.0.1; but
> it stops for me as of 3.0.3 (I don't have a 3.0.2 around to try), and I
> don't see it in 3.0.4 or 3.0.5.

3.0.0 is in fact what I had, so that sounds like the problem.  I've now
compiled 3.1.2 which is working beautifully and I'm very happy.  Thanks,
y'all!

(Literally, that was the only thing I've found in zsh which I didn't like.
That, for any piece of software more complex than "Hello World", is very
unusual...)

> } BTW, it was not very easy to compile on the Dec Alpha under OSF/1
> } version 3.2.  In Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c line 1551 the parameters to
> } yp_all() are not the same (the third parameter is the callback structure
> } on OSF1, not a pointer to it as in the code.
>
> Actually, it's the parameter in the prototype in the header that is wrong,
> not the pointer in the zsh code.  There's a discussion of this somewhere
> in Etc/MACHINES.

Indeed there is.  However I was uncertain as to which was correct since the
man page for ypall on OSF is also incorrect, it gives the prototype without
the *.  And to think I used to like DEC <sigh>...

(Now what would make me really deliriously happy would be to find a port
of zsh for MSDOS (not Windows or OS/2, straight DOS)...)

Chris C