Re: clear terminal after display of less, <, and apropos

> Roland> Subject: clear terminal after display of less, <, and apropos
> Roland>
> Roland> Whenever I display some information with '< blurb' the
> Roland> terminal gets cleared immediately after I quit the pager
> Roland> (more). The same happens after executing an 'apropos' command.
>
> I have been using the following zsh function to get rid off the 'ti'
> and the 'te' feature from the termcap definition.

As someone previously suggested, you should read the less manual:

       -X     Disables sending  the  termcap  initialization  and
              deinitialization  strings to the terminal.  This is
              sometimes desirable if the deinitialization  string
              does   something  unnecessary,  like  clearing  the
              screen.

You can set it in the LESS variable so that you do not always have to
give it on the command line.

Obviously this subject has nothing to do with zsh.

Zoli