clobbering with >&

After using zsh for a while, I find myself gradually going back to the few
worthwhile features of csh, whch I used many years ago.

Here's something I don't see covered in the docs -- is it possible to
override the noclobber variable when doing output redirection with >&?
I've tried the obvious permutations of ! and | with it, but just get syntax
errors.

Never mind, I just answered my own question.  It appears >&\! will do the
trick.  Perhaps this should be documented.

Thanks to the workers for an amazing shell program.

--
Paul Ackersviller