Re: clobbering with >&

On Jan 10,  7:57pm, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
} Subject: clobbering with >&
}
} Here's something I don't see covered in the docs -- is it possible to
} override the noclobber variable when doing output redirection with >&?
} I've tried the obvious permutations of ! and | with it, but just get syntax
} errors.

What syntax errors?  Can you give a precise example, please?

} Never mind, I just answered my own question.  It appears >&\! will do the
} trick.  Perhaps this should be documented.

Both >&| and >&! *should* work just fine, without the backslash.  Note that
you need a space after the `!' to prevent it being from taken as a history
reference, but even that isn't necessary with the `>&|' form.